Who says you can't sew a new tote bag or purse in an afternoon? I've done it lots of times! And here are over 14 free tote bag patterns that I have actually sewn in an afternoon. :)
Now, some of you might be beginner sewists, so I am going to list them in order of difficulty and time required. Scroll down to the bottom for the absolute easiest, fastest tote bag pattern you will ever make!
Keep in mind that cutting (and applying interfacing) can take up a huge amount of your bag-making time. That's why the 2 fastest bags to make below have no interfacing and almost no cutting!
Free Tote Bag Patterns...
14. The Tote with Many Pockets. Cutting and fusing interfacing take up most of your time here. Use a home decor weight fabric so you can skip the interfacing!
13. The Basket Tote. Skip the quilting and use fusible fleece instead for a fast sew! You could also skip the piping, but I don't recommend that - it's such a pretty touch.
11. The Picnic Tote makes a beautiful purse with pockets inside - and it's really a lot simpler to make than it looks!
10. The Chubby Lunch Tote is big enough to use for other things, and super fast!
9. The Cross Body Convertible Tote. No alterations needed here - it was already fast.
8. The Pom Pom Tote. Although the quilting makes this bag really cute, you could quilt a lot less than I did. :)
7. This Japanese Style Tote bag is even faster to sew if you skip the patchwork on the lining.
6. No handles to sew plus a simple design make the Rope Handled Tote a breeze!
5. The Flying Geese Tote is fast to make and really big!
4. If you skip the quilting on the Sweet Quilted Tote it will sew up in no time. Or spend 20 fun minutes quilting - I would!
3. This Little Book Bag with a pocket on front uses canvas so there's no lining!
2. The 1 Yard Magic Hobo Bag. Seriously, 1 yard, 1 hour, and you'll be done. I promise!
1. Make 2 messenger bags from 1 yard in under an hour with the 1 Yard Magic Messenger Bag. Hallelujah!
And happy sewing! :)
I thought you might also like this!