Yes, I finally got around to sewing something for myself this week! I love to sit and browse my favorite women's patterns and pattern magazines, imagining what fabric I would use for this design or that... but I must admit that they hardly ever get made. Except this week. :)
This blouse is number 133 from BurdaStyle 1/2010. I was really nervous cutting into my precious hello kitty Liberty of London fabric (without having made a muslin version first), especially since this is my first BurdaStyle pattern to ever make. But the magazine model was also made with Liberty lawn so I knew my fabric choice was good, and I decided to trust that I could make any fit adjustments if needed. This is a plus size pattern and the smallest size was a 44, just a little bit too big for me according to the measurement chart. I cut the 44 anyway and ended up needing to take it in a tiny bit at the sides.
I love the details like the tiny black piping, the pleats, and the tab in the front.
And these sweet little cuffs, which were easy. Oh, and I shortened the sleeves by about 3 inches. I'm not a real fan of big billowy sleeves and I like these very much. This top will be perfect for our fall weather, which isn't very cool. The thin cotton lawn is super comfortable, and when it does get cool I can throw on a cardigan. Yay for selfish sewing!
Update: if you love Liberty fabrics, you’ll swoon over my Rainbow Liberty quilt!