It's Saturday again (already???) and I don't have very much to show off this week. My Juki is having brain surgery and I haven't had the heart to sew very much without her.
She wasn't broken really. The circuit (or whatever it is) that makes the needle disengage and stop moving when I am filling bobbins stopped working. I could still sew fine. And fill bobbins too - if I didn't mind the needle going up and down a million miles a minute while I did it.
Since this sewing machine is still under warranty, I called the help line, chatted with a technician a bit, and he explained how to remove the top cover from the head (it's actually called that). I then emailed him this photo that I took with my iPhone.
After he saw the photo, he sent me a UPS label so I could send the top part in for repair. Thank goodness he can fix it without me sending in the whole machine... it's heavy!